Expertise and Innovation
With more than 70 years in the industry, Weasler has an abundance of experts.
It’s not unusual to find employees in all areas of the business who have extensive experience and a wealth of knowledge about manufacturing processes and our products. Their considerable expertise means a keen understanding of production procedures and techniques, and serves as an invaluable resource for our customers.
Our team of highly experienced engineers understands the unique needs of our customers. They bring decades of driveshaft expertise and industry-leading tools and resources to your design process.
Every day, our engineering team looks for new ways to ensure our drivelines, gearboxes, clutches and accessories help you be more efficient, productive and profitable. We strive to anticipate future needs, and design innovative, cost-effective driveshaft products to fulfill them.
We know the performance of our products is critical to the integrity of your agricultural equipment. At Weasler, that’s why we test our products under the same conditions you’d find in a farm field, making sure they stand up to our customer’s expectations.
strong design tools
Weasler’s engineering lab houses numerous, custom-designed machines to evaluate the function, durability and reliability of any new design. Our technical team uses modern data acquisition equipment and can work with you to validate designs directly on your machine in actual field conditions. Weasler engineers are equipped with the latest design tools to minimize development time and risk, and maximize efficiencies and outcomes, including:
- Creo – A 3D CAD solution that helps accelerate product innovation and build products faster.
- CREO Simulate – Used to model the structural integrity of a product under various conditions.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) – A computer-aided engineering (CAE) tool used to analyze how a design reacts under real-world conditions.
- KISSsoft – A comprehensive and technologically advanced software tool for designing machine elements such as gears, shafts, bearings, bolts, splines and springs.
- Bearing life software
- Rapid prototyping
Testing and validation
Using our existing dynamometers or a custom-built test stand, we verify designs and simulate use for the entire lifecycle of a part. Our in-house capabilities include:
- Custom stand fabrication
- Static torque testing up to 100,000 inch pounds
- Axial testing up to 50,000 pounds
- Dynamometer testing up to 300 horsepower
- Four-square testing up to 60 horsepower
- Environmental testing (e.g. low temperature, salt or dust)
- Servo-hydraulic fatigue testing up to 30,000 inch pounds
- Light machining capabilities
- Thermal imaging
Decades of innovation
Over the years, Weasler has developed driveline solutions that have become the gold standard in the industry and shaped agricultural PTO driveshaft technology. We hold numerous patents and ASABE 50 awards for new products, including:
- 50- and 80-degree, wide angle constant velocity joints
- Auto-Lok yokes for easy hook-up of the PTO drive shaft
- TorQmaster friction clutches
- TorQmaster automatic, cam-type, cut-out clutches
- ”E” (extended lubrication) cross kits with lubrication intervals from 50 to 250 hours
- 77 Series heavy-duty drive shafts
- High-torque automatic clutch